We carried out restoration works to the walled garden at Redburn Country Park in Holywood, County Down.
Description of works
Restoration works to the listed wall involved removing trees and growth, removing and replacing damaged brick and railings, cutting out sections of stonework and replacing with matching stone. All areas of works were cleaned with our specialist DOFF cleaning system.
Works completed included;
- Cutting down and removal of trees and growth to reveal the listed wall
- Taking down old brick piers and rebuild in new matching brick
- Cut out damaged brick and replace
- Cut out sections of stonework and replace with matching stone
- Take down and remove old damaged railings from the site
- Supply and fit new railings to match original in all detail
- DOFF clean all areas of the works
Principal Contractor: Whitemountain Construction
On Site Contractor & Site Management: Clarke Restoration
Client: Department of Communities