St Malachy’s, Belfast is the third oldest Catholic church in Belfast. It was designed in the ecclesiastical style of the Tudor period by Thomas Jackson. The foundation stone was lain on the feast of Saint Malachy, November 3rd 1841.
Description of works
We carried out extensive restoration to this building. The award winning project included taking down all eight number stone towers, restoring and rebuilding them. In addition to this we added a new disabled access. St Malachy’s is a focal point to the local community and was brought back to it’s original condition.
Works completed included;
- Removing all eight stone towers, restoring and rebuilding them
- Extensive work carried out to the window and door elements of the church
- New disabled access constructed involving new carved stone detail
Architect: Consarc Design Group