Project Overview

The foundation stone of this building was laid on the 17th April 1874. The church was dedicated to St Joseph’s on 8th October 1976 by Rev Dr Dorrian, Bishop of Down and Connor. The primary stone type is Greywacke with a secondary stone type of Scrabo Sandstone.

Description of works

We carried out extensive repair and replacement to St Joseph’s.

Works completed included;

  • Extensive lime repointing
  • Extensive stone replacement and steam cleaning
  • Extensive work to restore the rose window which is the main focal point of the church

Architect: A.T.P. Architects Ltd.