Shankill Parish Church, Lurgan was built from 1720-1725. On 8th August 1725 the building was consecrated by Ralph Lambert, Bishop of Dromore.
Description of works
We carried out extensive works to clean and repair the church. All works were kept in keeping with the historic fabric of the church.
Works completed included;
- Extensive repointing and cleaning to the tower area
- A section of the church spire was dismantled and rebuilt with new carved sandstone to match the original stone
- Extensive works were also undertaken to the window and door elements that were deteriorated
Architect: DSC Architects (Simon McCormack)
Client: Church of Ireland