We were please to be appointed as the restoration contractor to carry out restoration works to the Historic Walls in Armagh city. The Grade B listed Historic Walls are located in the grounds of the Palace Demesne and Armagh Rugby Club.
The walls formed part of the old Franciscan Friary which was founded by Archbishop Patrick Scannail in 1263-1264.
Description of works
We carried out extensive repair, restoration and conservation to the Historic Walls in Armagh city.
Works completed included;
- Partial demolition of stone and brick sections of the wall which was then be rebuilt using existing materials along with salvaged stone and brick to match original
- Extensive lime repointing on walls
- Individual brick and stone replacement in isolated areas along the wall
Main contractor: Moss Construction LTD
Conservation surveyor: Kriterian Conservation Architects