Clarke Restoration are delighted to have been awarded as the principal contractor to carry out the restoration of the Garvagh War Memorial.
The War Memorial is one of the most prominent landmarks on Garvagh’s Main Street. It was designed by a local man, Thomas Johnston. The Garvagh War Memorial is built of local stone and stands at 40 feet high.
Construction of the Garvagh War Memorial was completed on 27 of March 1924 to commemorate 32 men from Garvagh who died in the first world war & later names of those who fell in WW2 were added.
Description of works;
Our works to the tower include the restoration of the complete stone structure, new floors, a new lighting scheme & the restoration of the historic clock.