We’re delighted to have been appointed by the architect and main contractor as the specialist restoration company to carry out all the stone restoration to St Macartan’s Cathedral in Monaghan.
The impressive Cathedral by J.J. McCarthy and William Hague dates back to 1891 and boasts an ornate exterior with three large rose windows and a soaring spire. The exterior features Italian statuary of saints and bishops which were carved in Italy with Carrera marble.
Main Contractor: Macguigan Builders
Architect: Mullarkey Pedersen Architects
Specialist Restoration Contractor: Clarke Restoration
Description of works;
We will carry out a range of specialist restoration works and cleaning to Monaghan Cathedral as described below.
Works to be completed include;
- Extensive stone replacement
- Detailed stone replacement around the main rose window
- Stone carving
- Extensive stone cleaning using our cleaning systems
- Internal cleaning using our TORC system
- Removal of marble statutes to allow repairs to be carried out on them along with more detailed cleaning to be completed on them
- Complete Lime repointing to all areas